October 27, 2010

Be Willing, Be Available, Be Real

It keeps on surprising me, even tho in my head I expect it, that God can, and will, use me in a very significant way in the life of people. A few weeks ago, I met with a friend for breakfast, but as I was waiting for my friend, the phone rang. "I need to talk before we enter into the diner". As I waited for her, I sensed that God was saying to me "Be Real, be tender with her heart". We met outside, started to walk and ended up sitting on a bench on main street. She poured her heart out to me about some things that she was dealing with, thinking about, questioning. One of the things that came to mind to share with her was "We live in a small part of a much larger story, God's story. We see our part, God see's all parts" After some time of conversation, we went and had a quick breakfast, then we each went our way for the day. As I headed to work, I was thinking about what I had said, did it make sense to her?, Did I do what God had asked me to? Later feed back would indicate that God had indeed shown up and shown His grace and love to her.
Bottom line is, through God's Spirit, I was willing, available, and I shared myself with her. God is so good! I hope I can continue to be sensitive to God's leading.

1 comment:

  1. Every day can be an opportunity to follow God,. if your "God radar" is up and running. How I wish every situation could be viewed from Gods perspective.

    ReplyDelete