Who or what controls me is often not what it seems. Many things control us,.. hunger, fear, anger, pride, possessive attitude, desire to "look good" on the outside, just to mention a few. It is interesting that my view of my circumstances tend to taint reality, what's really happening to me right now. Should I (we) be controlled by such a diverse range of "feelings and emotions? Looking through the lense of our personal experience's can change the picture that I see before me. What I, (we), fail to see or consider at times, is the spiritual warfare that swirls around each of us. When we have thoughts that do not co-inside with God's characture,do you and I even consider "where did that come from?"
I think God is pursuing our heart to redeem us from the "fall of Adam and Eve". (Isaiah 61) Our enemy satan does not want that to happen,... SO, he, the devil, prowls around like a lion seeking to destroy us. (1 Peter 5:8) Relying on God and trusting Him for the outcome sure takes the pressure off. I have come to look at "circumstance" as an "opportunity",.. to be either used by God or molded by God. After all, God does have our best interest in mind in everything we do, say, feel, ect. Remember, Yesterday is history so we cannot change it, the future is a mystery that God has already planned for us, but today is a gift from God,.. an opportunity to "walk with Him" and grow in our relationship with Him. (Maybe that's why it is called the "Present.") Have you asked Jesus for your whole heart back? To be restored and rescued,.. to become as we were originally designed? To enjoy the real presence of God? I am.
May 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Lyle, great post. I love the line, "God is pursuing our heart to redeem us..." That is so true. And I'm glad he's pursuing me...cuz I'm not pursuing him the way I should.
ReplyDeleteSam